Friday, February 20, 2009

Big Beads!


Usually when I choose a large bead to work with, it is a focal, dead center in a necklace. This time, I fell in love with some rocks called Crazy Horse agates. They are so beautiful, reminding me of Appaloosa ponies (called "painted ponies" by horse people). So after obtaining a reasonable selection of different shapes from Fire Mountain, I sat and thought about what to make from them. Because they are HUGE. I mean HUGE for my beading standards. Then I found some Botswana agates, coin shaped, and in shades of black/smoke/cream, and some larger coin shaped beads, called red agates, also from my favorite beading spot, Fire Mountain. So I came up with a necklace for myself, and ideas for future gifties. Didn't turn out too bad either.

1 comment:

holly said...

Very nice Mom! The set is lovely, and I'm sure it will look nice on you!