Sunday, February 8, 2009

Where did Spring go?







Ok, I know I am early on this, but we had some absolutely gorgeous Spring-like days this past week, and poof!!! They are gone! With the wind! Got so nice when we started out on our drive down into KC for the Lawn and Garden Show, we had jackets. When we got out, along with everyone else, we shed our jackets and were down to shirtsleeves-Wow! I know I know it is only February. BUT it sure was nice to get a glimpse, even tho tiny, of spring. So we did spring things--like airing the Jewel orchid which opened up its tiny jewel-like blooms for me in my kitchen window; visiting butterflies in the butterfly house at the American Royal; sewing Valentines for friends. Those kind of spring things. Anyway, it's back to blankets on the sofa while we watch tv, and heat. Even the kitties don't want to poke their noses outside today. As I said, it WAS nice to taste spring!

No comments: