Saturday, July 21, 2012

Milan the Wonder Dog








We adopted a rescue dog back in January, from a farm in northern Missouri.  Her name is Milan and she has been so full of antics and events since we got her that we are either moved to laughter or tears any day of the week. I have been telling a friend of mine about Milan's daily adventures, and she has come up with an idea--as in, why not start posting these stories?  So she contributed her creative genius to start sharing the Life of Milan The Wonder Dog.

Episode 1:
I tricked my humans again today.  For some reason they don't seem to like the delicious smell of creek mud, which is heavenly!  I run down there when they aren't watching, take my wonderfully relaxing mud bath, chase a few frogs, and as soon as I return home to make sure my humans are still okay, they gang up on me.  The next thing I know they are washing me again.  And beyond humiliation, in a baby bath tub! I am NOT A BABY!

I have to admit, they do provide great food or I just would not put up with this nonsense.  They are pretty good for humans, all things considering.  The female cooks yummy things and gives me lots of treats, and lots of tummy rubs, which make me feel good all over.  The male sleeps a lot (they call this "nap time", gets into a big scary machine that brought me here, and does something he calls "errands".  Then he sits down in front of another machine he calls "No, Milan, let me type now".  But he also pets me a lot, gives me more tummy rubs, talks a lot to me, throws my squeaky toy, and when the female isn't looking, he shares chips from his lunch.  I like it here even if my humans still think they are in charge. Ha, ha, they are gullible but lovable. Now if I could only get that cat to run away from home...


Stay tuned for the next installment from the Teapot Nut.

No comments: