Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring beads even!


Went to a bead show this past weekend. Actually controlled myself pretty well, by passing by those $200 strands, for more economical beads. Sigh. And those African trade beads were SO beautiful...but as I said, I tried to keep it down to a reasonable amount. And did come back with some beautiful beads, like crazy lace agate rectangles and squares, and some gorgeous pink stuff, which actually matched perfectly an orchid I wanted to include in a necklace. Had to make up something for the Special Olympics fundraising Trivia night this coming weekend, so those crazy lace agate beads worked out perfectly. Along with some hemalyke (pseudo hematite I guess). So here is the ensemble I came up with, and I hope it makes some money for them in the silent auction.

No comments: