Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Kitchen thoughts



Been wanting to seriously do something in our kitchen. But with the economy, painting the walls and cleaning up the cabinet faces will probably be it. Got an order from LTD the other day, and it was my slide out shelves for kitchen cabinets. I love the slide outs on my coffee bar, but we are talking serious money on that expense, so got some metal slide outs. After much struggling and huffing and puffing, Mr. Fix-It, my hubby, got them installed. Told me that was the last project he was working on for awhile, then he took a nap. So I cleaned out the cabinets, put down fresh shelf paper, and reloaded. The only things that didn't fit back inside were my stainless mixing bowls. Had to put those in a wall cabinet. Easy fix. We did consider new countertops, but we were quoted a price of $60 a square foot for "granite wrapping" of our old countertops. Nope, too expensive, considering commercials advertise solid granite countertops for $39 a square foot. Do the math, right! At this moment, my old butcher block laminate is looking pretty good.

No comments: