Wednesday, June 18, 2008

MO travels--Part I




Even though the gas prices are way up there, we have been traveling a bit, just in our home state, and finding some interesting things to do and see. Went down to the Ozarks last week to do a "mom check", and help out a little bit at her house. While there we dashed into Branson, and discovered a really neat bead shop, just a little walk from Dick's 5 and Dime store, probably the most popular and reasonable tourist destination in Branson. I found some beautiful silver beads, and coral--yes I felt guilty buying the coral, but what can you do, when you want to merge turquoise, silver and coral in the same necklace? Anyway, now I have a new project to start with my purchase.

So on to the lake house, and watching nature. We sat on the deck and observed two lizards chasing each other up and down a tree for 45 minutes. I think he managed to capture her a few times during the chase, but we are only amateur lizard observers, so don't really know. Then as we departed, Ms. Foxy came out of her den in the culvert pipe to say goodbye and good riddance to Molly our dog, who chased her away from the compost pile every morning.

No comments: