Saturday, June 28, 2008

A Little Crafty




Last week I was inspired by our trip to Sedalia. When we were in one of the flea markets, I stumbled on some beautiful quilted bags. That is the rage this year--travel and personal quilted bags. Of course I didn't like the prices, and remembered that I had some fabric set aside from my favorite quilt fabric store, The Quilter's Harvest, in Higgingsville. The ladies there had helped me put together a selection of fabrics, all nicely coordinated, starting with the Mary Engelbreit pre-quilted fabric, and on to fat quarters and eighths. So I was ready to sew!

Originally I had intended to just make a purse, but thankfully, those ladies at Quilter's Harvest can also read minds. I had enough to make a bigger tote! So got it put together in record time for me. To complete the bag, I used my beading skills to put together a beaded charm, with an angel pendant. Then, because I still had some leftover fabric, I sewed up one of those Wonder Wallets, having gotten the pattern from Miss Dixie, our Elderberry Leader. Now I am ready to travel in style!

No comments: