Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Book Pages

I am a fan of Dean Koontz, and when I saw notice of his new book, a big little life: a memoir of a joyful dog on the library website, I requested it, thinking, ok, so it's another dog story, wonder what kind of horror he can put into this one... Well, it is a chronicle of his own dog's life, Trixie's, and I think anyone who has pets or wants a dog in his or her life, (yes, you cat lovers included) should take the time and READ THIS BOOK!!!! It was an amazing story, about an amazing Golden Retriever, and he includes some philosophy, observations on nature and religion, how we treat our pets, and how our pets treat us. I liked Marley and Me but like Mr. Koontz, got annoyed at the goofy antics of a dog with too little training and owners with too little sense to take the time to train their dog. This time, kuddos to Mr. Koontz and to Trixie, a dog who will long inspire through her literary memorial.

No comments: