Sunday, May 10, 2009

It's a sewing weekend


Grand Niece's second birthday is this coming week, so thought I would whip up a little creative present with the aid of my handy dandy magic sewing machine and serger. Had checked out a book from the library this past winter, which had sewing directions for all kinds of neat things for kids--animal pillowcases, animal beach totes, etc, and got loads of ideas from it. So after looking through my fabric stash, found some reptilian green print, and solid green to accent, and cut out a pillowcase with lizardy details. Thank heavens for a serger--made a pillowcase without any shreddy seams, and it will stay tidy after lots of washings and dryings too. The hardest part of this project was turning the little feet right side out. Hope she likes Lizzy the Lizard!

1 comment:

holly said...

Oh my goodness, that is just adorable. I'm sure she loves it!