Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Garden Trek Log--Day 6


It's a rainy day here. Luckily we got the last of our plantings (we think) in yesterday. Hubby had to replant a cantelope hill--this time he put in yellow squash plants. Got the veggie garden top dressed with some fertilizer, and preen on spots around the peppers and tomatoes. The rest isn't preened, because hopefully all kinds of flowers should spring up from seed. Found the absolute LAST columbine plant at the Super Walmart, and stuck it in the new flowerbed by the garage. I have a little columbine, which is pining something fierce. It is in shade, and every columbine I have seen thriving in friends' gardens are, guess what!!--in full sun. So there, I put the new gal in a sunny spot. Time will tell. Most everything is doing extremely well. Spring has been kind so far here. She gets a little fickle, but that's life. Irises are coming along beautifully out in my lily bed. Most everyone is planning to bloom. I think they just approve of the angel. Our south shade garden is looking great this spring too--the clematis is happy, as are plants I really didn't think would ever look this good. "Three years" is the magic number, according to my green thumb friend, for perennials to really take off. She must be right!

No comments: