Thursday, April 16, 2009

My Kitchen Window


It's finally, hopefully, spring. Or at least it is today. Last week I did some spring cleaning, pulling all my jars of pasta and beans off the kitchen bay windowsill, and putting them in the pantry. Then I moved the orchids downstairs to give them a better view of the world, and more humidity, and discovered I liked the greenery there, so probably when the orchids move out to the screened porch (when the nights really warm up properly), then I will move the African violets to the same spot for the summer. Sort of a flowering rotation. With any luck, the orchids will launch some blooms for me next winter, after their summer vacation outside. Well, I can hope, can't I? And I have some young Thanksgiving/Christmas/Easter cactus plants ready to fill in empty spots. Those always seem to be eager to bloom.

No comments: