Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Book pages

I admit, I am a Mystery junkie, usually reading those by the ton, when I should be doing other things. But this time, I requested a book I had heard about on Today Show, and want to recommend for everyone's reading--"War Journal, My five years in Iraq" by Richard Engel. Talk about being blown away by his narrative!!!! WOW!!! I understand so much more about the area, its history, its people, our soldiers fighting there, our attempts to put Democracy in action there etc. I think this is a must read before the National elections, but if you can't do it now, at least make an attempt to read it afterwards. Well worth the time, and lots of food for thought. I can't say "Happy Reading" with this book, but I can say, "This is a book that makes you think". Thank you, Mr. Engel.

No comments: