Thursday, June 28, 2007

Book pages

Because I read so much, and miss my reader's advisor job since I retired, I am going to start recommending books for reading. I am a mystery buff, and crafter, so you will see a mix. This week's suggestions are:

What the Dead Know by Laura Lippman--this is a story about a 30 year old disappearance of two girls, at a Baltimore mall. It begins with an accident involving a young woman who runs from the scene, but is found by police. She says she is one of the missing Bethany girls, and knows what happened to her sister. The story then flip flops between all the characters reminiscing about the past, or recounting what is in the present time. This is a good gripping summer read, with a twist at the end.

For all you crafters, I recommend Bend-the-rules sewing by Amy Karol--an easy, small projects book for beginners or advanced sewers, with lots of projects for your scrap bag of fabrics. I particularly loved the old time apron patterns and suggestions, even for special pockets, and got lots of ideas for gifties for Christmas.

So check these out at your local library and Happy Reading!

No comments: