Thursday, January 8, 2009

Beading again!



It's the start of a New Year, so thought I would bead up a couple of new things. One I have shipped down to Mom in southwest MO, the other I have kept for myself.

Found some beautiful dichroic handblown glass beads at Zingz Art Glass Shop in Blue Springs, in shades of red. So I went through my collection, thinking, purple would be good, but instead chanced on some pink rose quartz, in different sizes, varying from chunky to 3 mm round, so I put together a length she can pop over her head, or use the clasp.

Then, daughter's new mom-in-law gifted me with this really neat cat bead, when we were out in CA for the wedding. I had some bird head beads from a Peruvian necklace I used to wear, but which broke years ago, and which I had set back for a rainy/snowy day. Voila! I was also gifted with carved bone beads at the same time, so tucked those in between, and came up with a whimsical necklace, throwing in some coral spikes to repeat the bird bead spikes.

Now Mom and I both have new jewelry to face the New Year!

No comments: