Thursday, September 11, 2008

I'm Beady lately...





Had to design a few projects with coins this summer for a friend who went on some foreign mission trips. So after I dangled wire wrapped drops of coins off her necklace, I made a pair of earrings with the leftover coins. Turned out rather nicely, don't you think so? Hardest part was drilling the holes in the coins, but hubby helped on this one.

Then I used pearls from recycled pearl necklaces to whip up a new one, with a dichroic glass pendant. This is for the Apple Festival fundraiser this weekend. Hope someone likes it enough to bid on it and take it home.

Made a project for myself too. Been thinking about turquoise and coral, and found a really interesting example in Beadstyle Magazine, so adapted it to fit the beads I already had. A visit to a Branson bead shop back in the spring netted some nice silver beads and coral coins, so I used those for contrast to the turquoise stones. Made it to wear with my new traveling outfit.

Finally, I have to include a new Violet picture. She loves my bookbag so I have to make sure it is empty when it lays on the table, because then she becomes a kitty book. She also loves jewelry, and snatches my earrings right off my earlobe if she snuggles up to my ear and purrs. She certainly is a quick pawed earring thief!

No comments: