Monday, July 28, 2008

Summertime, and the livin' is busy...



Wouldn't think summer would be so busy but this year it certainly is. We have been walking down at Powell Gardens, which is way more fun than a treadmill. Garden is coming in quite well this summer, harvesting tomatoes, peppers, zucchini. Then there is keeping up with the weeds, I mean grass, as it grows. Last year we couldn't get enough rain. This year it is there regularly. Which is great. My flowers haven't looked so good. Things are coming up all around that I forgot I even planted last year.

Then there is the distraction of our new addition to the family, my birthday present, a kitten! She is the cutest little black kitty, and we named her Violet, because of two literary Violets. One is the cat in Jan Karon's books, and the other is the orphan girl in the family of Lemony Snicket books. My Violet was cast out of a truck window as the fool drove up the back roads. She was rescued by the Director of the Board of Sheltered Services. When I went to the board meeting, I told him I would think about adopting her because it was my birthday. So he brought her out to us and after all her Unfortunate Events, she has a new home. We have a bunch of new kitty toys all around the house now--jingle balls in different colors, little furry mice in dayglo shades, feathers on a stick, the bigger cat's tale, and on and on.. So here she is in her debut on the web.

No comments: